Now that’s it’s “go time” for VBS, the temptation is great to blow through the budget on all the “cute stuff.” It can be really hard to stay within budget once teacher requests come rolling in and supplies and decorations must actually be purchased. As a teacher, I want to stretch each and every dollar as far as I possibly can. So I’m always on the look out for things that are multipurpose. I want decorations that don’t just sit there, but can actually be used as teaching tools or in games. That’s what I call buying smart.
There are some great items available from lifeway.com that are perfect for both the theme and my budget because they are practical beyond just a tabletop or focal wall display. Check out these ideas & see what you think.
There are tons of other great ideas for buying smart. What other uses do you see in these products? What’s your strategy for getting the most out of your VBS budget?
For more information on budgeting for success in VBS, click HERE.
Did you know that you can take your VBS to the next level by using exclusive Game On! graphics available HERE? Snag clip art for church newsletters, website, promotional materials, outdoor banners, announcement slides, and more from the website or from the Decorating Made Easy DVD-ROM. You can also match the look and feel of Game On! by using the same fonts as were used in the LifeWay VBS materials.
This year, a custom font was created exclusively for Game On! VBS. I’m pleased to give it away here on this blog … FOR FREE! This is the same font as was used in the logo, headings, and on pretty much every Game On! product. You’ll see it everywhere. All you have to do is download the file, unzip it, and load it into your font library. If you’re unsure how to do that, simply Google the instructions for your type/model/age computer. It should be pretty straight-forward. Then go to town using it to promote your VBS! It’s yours to keep forever, so feel free to keep on using it after VBS is over.
Click the link to download: Game-On-Font
Additional standard fonts appear in Game On! materials as well. They are as follows:
- Gotham (alternate header)
- Proxima Nova (body copy)
- Futura Extra Bold Condensed (student headers)
- Futura Medium (student/adult subheaders)
How will you use the Game On! font? Comment below to share your ideas with others!
Whether you’re recruiting teachers or sending out save-the-dates, NOW is the time to get the word out about your VBS! Why not harness the power of social media? Here are some sample social media messages, ready for you to copy and paste, customize, and post. It’s as easy as that! And while you’re at it, download some Galactic Starveyors graphics from the clip art portion of our VBS website that have already been sized and scaled to fit Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to include with your post!
Facebook and Twitter Messages
Use these messages to promote your VBS in a flash. Just insert a link to your church website and the dates for your VBS and get the word out to all your followers on Facebook or Twitter.
- Ready for VBS? Don’t forget to register by (insert date)!
- Who’s ready for VBS? Register by (insert date) to make sure your kids don’t miss out on the fun!
- Are your starveyors registered for VBS yet? Make sure they don’t miss any of the backyard discoveries!
- Now recruiting kids for Galactic Starveyors™! Make sure your kids are registered for VBS.
- Calling all kids (and their parents). Don’t miss out on VBS this year. It’ll be an adventure you won’t forget!
- Ready to search the visible to discover the invisible? Be sure to register for Galactic Starveyors™! (insert dates and times)
Use these sample messages to send out email blasts to promote your VBS. Include a link to your church website (or custom KidEvent Pro registration page) for more information and registration.
- Join us at Galactic Starveyors™ for a week of searching the visible to discover the invisible. Kids will begin their search each day at Worship Rally. From Worship Rally, kids will gather at the Starveyors Clubhouse where they will explore God’s Word. Each day kids will encounter amazing and wonderful things designed by a Creator who is even bigger than the vastness of His creation as well as make crafts, play fun games, enjoy tasty snacks, sing cool songs, and learn about missions. Register at (insert link or registration information).
- Discover the incredible mysteries of the final frontier—right from our backyard! Our telescope will become a portal through which you can encounter amazing and wonderful things designed by the Creator of the universe. Join us the week of (insert dates) for Galactic Starveyors™. Register at (insert link or registration information).
- During VBS kids will discover that the God who created everything there is—the knowable and the unknowable, the visible and the invisible—wants a relationship with them! Be sure to register at (insert link or registration information).