It’s the most wonderful time of the year … my Facebook and Instagram feeds are FULL of churches all over doing VBS. I love seeing your creativity, your decorations, and your incredible passion for teaching and sharing the gospel with kids. I love praying for your church during your VBS week … and I love celebrating with you when individuals give their lives to Jesus! I’m loving keeping track of what we’ve collectively been able to do together to help support missionaries like the Harrell family in Mozambique by giving our VBS offerings to Project Mozambique (imb.org/vbs). God is at work and it’s incredible to witness!
So before we switch gears away from “In the Wild” and turn our attention to what’s coming next, would you mind doing one more thing? Would you please take a moment to share your VBS experience with us? We want to hear what worked well and what didn’t. We want to celebrate salvations and other decisions with you! We want to know what kind of schedule you chose so that we can tailor VBS to your needs. There are TWO ways you can help us.
Filling out and returning an evaluation helps us know what your needs are and how we can meet them better. We’re always looking for ways to improve VBS and your insight is invaluable for both innovation and excellence! Click this link to print the 2019_Director_Evaluation (also located on the Administrative CD-ROM). Please mail to:
LifeWay Church Resources
One LifeWay Plaza
Nashville, TN 37234-0172
2. Submit a VBS Report
Reports can be mailed (to your state convention, not to LifeWay) or submitted online at www.sbcworkspace.com. If you have not already done so, please take a moment to complete your 2019 VBS Report. It’s valuable information not just to us, but to you, too. Here are 6 reasons why you should make reporting your VBS a priority:
- Filling out the report forces you and your VBS ministry leaders to take time to evaluate your goals, actions, and results. Were your goals realistic and achievable?
- Reporting VBS 2019 creates a benchmark for setting goals for next year and future years.
- Creating a year-to-year record reveals the long-term health of your VBS ministry. Are the numbers increasing or decreasing? Are your efforts resulting in professions of faith and other decisions?
- Your VBS report is a vital element of your follow-up process. It helps you clearly identify the number of unchurched families who participated in VBS and who need to be connected to ongoing ministries such as Sunday School.
- Your VBS report becomes a tangible part of your ministry’s story that should be shared and celebrated!
- Your VBS report and evaluation helps the LifeWay VBS team create future resources and training opportunities. Your report helps us measure the evangelistic health and effectiveness of our ministry and curriculum offerings.
A 2019 Report Form was mailed to your church and marked to the attention of your VBS Director. If you did not receive one, or need another copy, download the report form HERE (also available on the Administrative CD-ROM).