If you’re planning for Jungle Jaunt Vacation Bible School in 2013, make sure you follow our brand new Jungle Jaunt board on Pinterest! There are lots of fun and easy craft, decoration, and snack ideas available to get your gears turning. Check out this awesome Lime Jungle Slime! Would make for a great VBS snack– what kid doesn’t love slime??
As a member of the VBS Team, I get this question a lot: “You mean you have stuff to do all year?” Yes, yes, and yes! I was at the dentist office recently and the receptionist said to me, “Now that VBS is over, I guess your work has slowed down.” Au contraire, mon ami! We are in the crunch of trying to get 2013 ready and to the printer, and beginning development of 2014, all while churches are wrapping up and evaluating VBS 2012!
I keep a set of index cards, one product per card, and I write on each card what steps have been completed so I can keep up! Here’s my current rundown. . . .
1) Worship Rally DVD
• THE DRAMA: Working with the video editor on a daily basis right now; got approval from my management team on the content and overall appearance just a couple of days ago. Waiting for the editor to make final tweaks and send me an approval copy.
• THE CHOREOGRAPHY: Performance segments have been approved. Viewed the instruction segments over the weekend, and three corrections need to be made. I’m waiting to see those ASAP.
• ABC segment: Video editor #2 is working on that now. It’s due to me any minute for my approval.
• Still waiting to see “Scenic Footage” segment and the “Video Trailer.”
• I’ve created the DVD menu and just sent it to the DVD author.
2) Music Rotation Leader Guide
• Received a final approval copy from the graphic designer. This is being routed through our production editor and editorial project leader first, then will come back to me with any needed corrections marked.
3) Club VBS: Jungle Jaunt DVD
• This is due to me from the DVD author today. If everything looks OK, it will go on to the duplicator.
4) Spanish VBS Choreography DVD
• Talent enlisted. Waiting to receive Spanish recording and typeset music to send to her so she can create the choreography. (It has to be different because many of the words differ from the English versions!)
There are more products on my list, but this is probably more info than you care to read already! I will say, though, that everyone on my team feels fortunate to be able to work on VBS products. So, next time you’re wondering—yes, we have enough to do all year (and we are thankful for that)!
Club VBS 2013 will be returning to the rainforest with Club VBS® Jungle Jaunt®! Pack your bags and get ready for an exciting, adventurous journey through the Amazon Rainforest. Travel through the Amazon region along narrow rainforest trails, over roaring rapids, and through dense woodlands as you lead kids to experience and respond to the One True God!
The Scripture passage for the week is Psalm 145:1-2 and the motto is “Praise Him! Trust Him! Follow Him! The One True God!”
During Club VBS, kids will learn that God is One Amazing Creator, One Miraculous Provider, One Powerful Healer, One Living Savior, One Lord of All!
Club VBS can be another option for your VBS, however we are hearing TONS of great reports about how Club VBS is great for backyard Bible clubs, mission trips, camps, and for filling that weekly summer program slot for kids! How do you use Club VBS? We’d LOVE to know!