Ever ask someone to work in VBS only to be told she is unavailable that specific week? Before you walk away discouraged offer her the opportunity to serve during the weeks leading up to VBS. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Making phone calls to update workers or to remind families who pre-registered.
- Prayer team.
- Cutting, laminating, and sorting teaching resources.
- Assemble craft packs.
- Bake and freeze cookies and other snacks.
- Clean and organize the resource room or closet.
- Shop and sort supplies.
- Prepare name tags for families who pre-register.
- Create decorations.
- Distribute promotional materials.
Join the conversation: how have you used volunteers in the weeks leading up to VBS?