The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Streamline registration by creating packets that include a registration card, name tag, and parent information.
- If using an electronic registration system, keep a binder with a hard copy of the information for emergencies. You never know when the power might go out.
- Stress the importance of the registrar double-checking the registration form for complete information before parents walk away.
- Save time for parents by using registration information from the previous year to pre-print registration information. At registration parents will only need to check and correct information instead of completely filling out a new form.
- Once the rush of registration is over utilize registration team to write postcards or address envelopes to be used during follow-up.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: How do you train your registration team?