One of the biggest challenges of VBS continues to be worker enlistment. Here are some ideas I recently rediscovered from a VBS 2005 (Ramblin’ Road Trip) training plan.
1. Enlist last year’s workers first and ask them to enlist helpers.
2. Share enlistment responsibility with as many people as possible.
3. Ask for a volunteer for a specific job, don’t just ask for
4. Find a job for everyone willing to work.
5. Give workers ownership and decision-making responsibilities for their areas of ministry.
6. Set high expectations and establish lines of accountability.
7. Help workers find value in their service by seeing how they job contributes to the overall success of the week.
8. Encourage workers by providing adequate training and needed resources.
9. Happy workers this year will make next year’s enlistment easier.
10. Cheer and appreciate every worker at every opportunity.
Celebrating 90: LifeWay Christian Resources begin publishing VBS resources in 1925 under the leadership of Drs. Marion Frost and Homer Grice.