Events that might seem so far away have a way of creeping up on us. A little planning along the way can create a much happier experience for everyone involved - especially you and your family.
Here's a few tips to help you get started.
- Plan to use the theme for multiple events throughout the summer or year.
- Adopt the philosophy that quality does not have to mean lots of dollars.
- Create checklist - even if you have to have one checklist to remind you to check all of the other checklists.
- Build an idea file and a resource file.
- Enlist an event team and delegate.
- Create a game plan and stick to it - your budget and your workers will thank you.
One of the most important tips is to make organization your friend. Whether you use a computer, notebook, or the back of the kitchen door, create a place to collect all of your notes, thoughts, and ideas.