You probably don’t want to read this, but it’s time to start planning VBS 2017. Not the nitty gritty details, but definitely the big picture details such as date, time, ages being invited, and theme.
Events that might seem so far away have a way of creeping up on us. A little planning along the way can create a much happier experience for everyone involved – especially you and your family.
Here’s a few tips to help you get started.
- Plan to use the theme for multiple events throughout the summer or year.
- Adopt the philosophy that quality does not have to mean lots of dollars.
- Create checklist – even if you have to have one checklist to remind you to check all of the other checklists.
- Build an idea file and a resource file.
- Enlist an event team and delegate.
- Create a game plan and stick to it – your budget and your workers will thank you.
One of the most important tips is to make organization your friend. Whether you use a computer, notebook, or the back of the kitchen door, create a place to collect all of your notes, thoughts, and ideas.