- Intentionally choose a later date for VBS to have full advantage of other churches’ resources.
- Keep Bible study the main focus. Determine the amount of time needed to cover the Bible story and activities, and then evaluate how to best use the remaining time.
- Rotate your rotations. Conduct recreation three days a week and crafts for two days. Any activities – except Bible study – may be used in whatever way works best.
- Don’t overcomplicate. Just because you have snacks, missions, recreation, and music doesn’t mean each rotation must occur each day.
- Keep your schedule simple by doing a few things well.
- Contact churches early (right now isn’t too early) to ask to reuse their decorations. Be sure to keep good notes concerning the churches you have contacted and what items you have requested.
- Send the churches thank you notes and e-mail confirming your agreement to serve as a reminder of any agreements made.
- Be specific in asking for what you need for your church. If you do not need everything a church has available another church may benefit from the same VBS.
- Make it easy. Arrange in advance a time to pick up and return borrowed resources.
Check out other Double Digit Ideas here.