Game On! is the perfect opportunity to incorporate all kinds of games and sports into your VBS. Giant lawn games are a great addition to your VBS Celebration, Family Night, kick off event, or even as part of your pregame or postgame time when kids are either being dropped off or picked up. Here's an idea that was a big hit at our VBS Preview events back in January. It's easy to make and TONS of fun to play!
- 3⁄4” PVC pipe (22’ total)
- (6) 3⁄4” 90-degree elbow connectors
- (6) 3⁄4” T-connectors
- PVC glue
- PVC-safe spray paint
- Flat, clear sealant
- Ladder golf bolas
- (9) 2’ lengths PVC
- (6) 1’ lengths PVC
- Cut PVC into nine 2’ pieces and six 1’ pieces.
- Set aside three 2’ pieces. Paint one red, one green, and one blue.
- Paint all other pipes and connectors black.
- Arrange the pieces and connectors into a rectangular base section & vertical ladder section as shown. (The 3 colored pieces will be the center rungs on the ladder.)
- Glue pieces together. NOTE: Do NOT add glue inside the T-connectors where the ladder fits into the base. This will enable you to break down the game into two pieces for easy storage.
- Spray with flat, clear sealant.
How would you use this in your VBS? What other GIANT games could you set up to play? For instructions on how to create other giant game ideas, check out the Decorating Made Easy book.