The Big Apple in the Mule Capital of the World!
Hey y’all, It was definitely a big city adventure last week! My church is located in Columbia, Tennessee—home of the Mule Day celebrations! Yep, it’s a city that celebrates its mules! (But, I’ll save those stories for another time!)
We had about 140 super-neat preschoolers and I got to teach missions! From teaching them about Proof and Andrew to learning about the Zoe Church in Sao Paulo to hearing about the Fusion kids in New Orleans, it was definitely all about the big city!
Entering Proof's Dog House (and our room)!
Playing a game with our dog ears!
My favorite experiences?
1. Listening to kids’ laughter and hearing them chat with their friends about the fun things they were doing at VBS!
2. Hearing kids verbalize places and ways that they can tell others about Jesus. Missions begins at home, right?
3. Watching the kids bring in school supplies for kindergartners in Joplin, Missouri. By the end of the week, we had tons of scissors, crayons, glue, notebooks, and erasers! Hands-on missions helps preschoolers think beyond themselves and about others (a sometimes hard concept for young kids).
4. Working with some of the best preschool VBS teachers in the world! They created an atmosphere of love and acceptance that made it easy for kids to hear about Jesus and His incredible love for them.
5. Knowing that when it was all over, some important truths had been planted in the hearts and minds of the boys and girls.
I can’t wait for next year!