Tired of seeing the same themes over and over again when you go to pick out summer curriculum? You know there's going to be at least one beach theme on the shelf... and probably some kind of wilderness adventure, too. Not a problem. When it comes to themes and decorations, Zip for Kids is a blank slate. That means you can theme it up anyway you want. Always wanted a dinosaur theme? Go for it. How about time traveling back to Bible times? Do it! Zip is intentionally theme-less so that you can make it THE unique event in your community.
Here are some quick ways to add a theme to your Zip event:
- Decorate the Large Group area and Small Group rooms according to your theme.
- Incorporate your theme into the Bible story skits… dress the stage and the actors to match your theme. For example, for a beach theme, Zipster and Zoie can be dressed in Hawaiian shirts, shorts, flip flops, and sunglasses and the setting can take place outside a surf shop or ice cream hut.
- Add your own theme graphics to the media elements provided in the Zip Media pack to make your projected lyrics match the theme.
- Choose track times (from Zip Tracks or create your own using the provided templates) that complement your theme. For example, for a beach theme you may want to offer Outdoor Games, Messy Games (includes water play)—which are both provided in the Zip Tracks pack—and create your own Sandcastle Sculpting track.
- Supplement the music provided in the Zip Media pack with a suitable theme song or your own favorite music to match your theme.