As we continue to Celebrate 90, today’s archives wisdom comes from a 1997 training outline titled: 62 Ways to Prepare Yourself for A Galactic Good News Adventure. While some of the ideas were specific to the theme, here are six more reminders that apply every year. Check out Part 1 and Part 2 for additional ways to prepare yourself for VBS.
1. Visit lifeway.com/vbs for additional ideas and suggestions. (And don’t forget PINTEREST and FACEBOOK, which are now two of our most popular sources for sharing ideas.)
2. Write your personal VBS Purpose Statement.
3. Delegate as much responsibility (at home and church) as possible so you will have time to enjoy the excitement of the VBS week.
4. Make a VBS preparation checklist.
5. Call or send a note to a VBS worker from your past and tell him/her how their ministry impacted your life.
6. Enlist adults (and teens) who will not be able to attend VBS to help you with preparations.