- Theme-related ribbon
- Bags of microwave popcorn
- Snapshot printable (click HERE to download)
- Print the snapshot onto cardstock (1 per volunteer), then cut out.
- Attach a snapshot to a bag of microwave popcorn with the ribbon. Or attach snack-sized bags of ready-made popcorn found in the snack aisle of your local grocery store.
- Distribute the thank-you notes to your volunteers during the week of VBS to let them know how much you appreciate their service.
Add a twist!
Make your own kettle corn using the recipe below.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ½ tsp. salt
- Lay out parchment paper to pour popcorn on when it is finished popping.
- Heat the oil and three kernels of popcorn in a pot over medium-high heat.
- When the kernels pop, add the remaining kernels and sugar. Stir vigorously.
- Place a lid on the pot and shake the pot back and forth over the eye. Use an oven mitt to hold the lid in place and protect your hands.
- Once the pot is full and the kernels have slowed down to only one or two popping, pour the popcorn out onto the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the popcorn with the salt and let cool.
- Fill plastic snack bags with popcorn and attach a snapshot to each bag.