Game On! is the perfect opportunity to incorporate all kinds of games and sports into your VBS. Giant lawn games are a great addition to your VBS Celebration, Family Night, kick off event, or even as part of your pregame or postgame time when kids are either being dropped off or picked up. Here's an idea that was a big hit at our VBS Preview events back in January. It's easy to make and TONS of fun to play!
- Square chicken wire
- 18-gauge wire
- 40 small diameter dowel rods
- (must be smaller than chicken wire openings)
- Spray paint
- Jumbo plastic ball pit balls
- Wood stapler
- (4) 2x4s cut to 16” lengths (for base)
- (4) 4x4s cut to 24” lengths (for legs)
- Cut base & legs according to the cut list and assemble as pictured. Secure together with screws.
- Prime and paint.
- Spray paint the dowel rods different colors.
- Cut and roll chicken wire into a vertical tube on top of the platform (covering opening
completely). Overlap the ends and hold together by weaving 18-gauge wire tightly along the seam.
- Staple the wire to the wooden base to hold in place.