As you may have heard, LifeWay’s corporate offices in Nashville have been sold. A new building will be ready in a few years, but in the meantime we are all in transitional space. While packing files for the move I found the following Prayer of a Bible School Worker.
It’s Bible School time – and I said “Yes” again, Lord.
Bless My Mind:
- Help it to focus on the realness of teaching children
- Help it to draw from acquired knowledge of Thy teaching
- Help it to absorb new material for this specific task.
Bless My Heart:
- Help it find cleansing and assurance daily in Thy presence
- Help it to love all the children, even the rascals
- Help it to find joy in obedience and service.
Bless My Hands:
- Help them to lead gently, firmly, lovingly
- Help them to be nimble, quick, and efficient
- Help them to find joy in hard work.
Bless My House:
- Excuse the dust, stacks of dishes, unearned clothes
- Hallow the clutter of paper, glue, popsicle sticks, sequins, tuna cans, spray paint
- Let it survive intact throughout this week.
Bless My Family
- Bless doubly to our nourishment the hastily prepared meals
- Extend our patience, helpfulness, kindness
- Give my spouse a sense of accomplishment through my work and please set an extra star in his crown.