I think everyone would agree promoting VBS is one of the most important aspects of planning for the big week, so it is important to consider these ideas for maximizing efforts and the budget.
- Identify the target audience (for example, mothers of elementary aged kids) and promote specifically to them.
- Identify where kids and families gather – such as parks, parades, and community festivals – and take advantage of the opportunity to promote VBS.
- Make sure all questions such as dates, times, location, ages, costs, and contact information are clearly answered.
- Utilize social media. Provide church members with information to share with their social media friends.
- Invite childcare centers and community youth programs to participate.
- Provide youth and adult classes and promote VBS for the entire family.
- Word of mouth is the best promotion of all. Creating a reputation of excellence will build anticipation for the next year.
Join the conversation: how do you plan to promote VBS 2016 Submerged?