Bible schools are typically led by multiple teams created to carry out specific aspects of the event: Bible study, crafts, music, recreation, snacks, and registration. But what about a general leadership team?
Since the number one challenge for most Bible schools tends to be worker enlistment, the idea of creating a leadership team might seem like an unnecessary luxury. However, instead of viewing the leadership team as a luxury, or a necessity only for large Bible schools, a team of core leaders should be considered a necessity. Even if the leadership team is only two or three people there needs to be a group to dream, cast vision, and share the tasks that can be overwhelming to a team of one.
The VBS Leadership Team needs to be the best people available who can help you dream and plan the event as well lead others. Begin by asking God to reveal who should join you on this core leadership team.
ACTION STEP 5: ENLIST A LEADERSHIP TEAM
Every church and VBS is unique so you will need a team that reflects that uniqueness. Following are team members to consider:
1. Assistant or associate director. This team member should have responsibility for registration, the worship rally team, and snacks. Choose someone who is willing to be mentored and can take the lead if necessary.
2. Continued Connections or follow-up leader. This team member will have the responsibility of planning and leading the congregation in connecting with unchurched families following VBS.
3. Promotion or publicity leader. This team member will lead out in promoting VBS to both the congregation and the community.
4. Age division leaders (one person for each age division: preschool, kids, youth, adults, and special needs). These team members will lead out in enlisting and training the majority of workers who will teach Bible study, crafts, missions, music, and missions.
5. Decorations leader. This team member will pull together a group of volunteers to plan decorations for the worship rally stage and general use areas such as halls and registration.
Next week's Monday Morning Checklist - Order Jump Start Kit