- Start simple. Whether teaching a Bible phrase or motions to a song, start with the basics and build on it throughout the week.
- Follow a routine. Preschoolers like to know what is coming up next. Make a visual schedule for them to follow throughout the day so they know what to expect.
- Keep truths foundational. Teach Bible stories, truths, and life application that are age appropriate for preschoolers.
- Let them play. Remember that preschoolers learn through play. Let them use their hands and bodies to learn truths.
- Get the wiggles out. Periodically allow preschoolers to jump, squirm, march, and move their bodies. Movement will help preschoolers focus.
- Build in plenty of restroom and water breaks. Allow time for preschoolers to use the restroom, when needed. Play games such as "I Spy" or "Name 3 Things that Fly" as you walk to and from restroom.
- Pray. Pray for the preschoolers and their families that they will hear the truths about Jesus during VBS!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have for working with preschoolers during VBS?