The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Create and clearly mark drop-off and pick-up areas. Allow no exceptions.
- Have parents pick up kids in their rooms using “claim tickets”.
- Require every worker to participate in security and safety training.
- Enlist church members to continually patrol the building and grounds before, during, and after VBS sessions.
- Use name tags, clothing, or other device that clearly identifies workers.
- Require parents to notify the director before picking up a child prior to the scheduled dismissal time.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have concerning safety and security during VBS?