The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- During the last week of school distribute information to parents in the school pick-up lines. Make it fun and memorable.
- Host neighborhood VBS-themed block parties one to two weeks before VBS. Use VBS-themed snacks and games.
- Distribute information after a game at the baseball field, or at a park event.
- Distribute inflated balloons during parades and community events with information and registration cards attached.
- Conduct a neighborhood information blitz the week before VBS. The best promotion is still a personal invitation.
- Conduct a really big and fun kick-off event at the local swimming pool or park. Advertise heavily and give families both a reason and opportunity to register for VBS.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have concerning using VBS to reach unchurched families?