The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Ask parents to join the kids for worship rally at the end of the day. Parents will already be in the building when it is time to dismiss.
- Place a person with a radio at each build entrance.
- Offset schedules to insure preschoolers are not in halls at the same time as older kids.
- Designate traffic flow with one way in and one way out of the parking lot. If possible use the same process or rotate clockwise for groups rotating between rooms.
- Dismiss kids who ride buses and vans to specified locations before dismissing kids that will be picked up by parents.
- Signs, signs, signs. There can never be too many signs providing information and directions. Prior to VBS walk the campus with the eyes of a guest and make a list of needed signs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have concerning traffic control during VBS?