With preparations ramping up for your VBS Journey, your thoughts may be turning to making your children’s space look “off the map” for your explorers. One great piece you want to include is the VBS 2015 Giant Inflatable Butterfly (005650054). Its size alone will bring a wow factor to your halls, but don’t limit yourself on how to use it! Here are a few ways to use the butterfly that you might not have thought of:
1. Hang multiple butterflies at various levels from the ceiling, but with the wings at different stages of flight—easily done by adjusting the length of the string attached to the wings.
2. Use an uninflated butterfly as a stencil for cutting additional paper butterflies to put onto walls.
3. Hang butterflies and large paper flowers on the trees outside your church to draw the attention of your community to your VBS.
4. Attach inflated butterflies to bulletin boards to add a 3D effect for recruiting and advertising for VBS. If there’s not room to attach them, hang them from the ceiling to hover around the board.
5. Hang a few in the baby rooms at a height low enough for babies to touch—either close to the floor (with supervision), or at a height where a baby being held by a teacher could touch it.
6. Use a butterfly as a foundation for a mobile in your babies and toddler rooms.
7. Hang room signs, numbers, or rotation site names from butterflies suspended from the ceiling.
8. Purchase extra inflatables to give away as door prizes.
9. Have butterfly races on Celebration Night. Make straps around the body of the butterfly so that it can be worn “backpack-style” by the contestants.
10. Use 2 or 3 butterflies, flowers, and Inflatable Dragonflies (005651431) as props in your VBS photo booth on Celebration Night.
What are some other ways you plan to use the Giant Inflatable Butterfly on your Journey? Share with us!