The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Conduct Youth VBS at a fun location as a weekend adventure.
- Partner with a mission or smaller-membership congregation to help them reach their community through VBS.
- Conduct VBS concurrently in multiple locations such as parks, schools, and homes of church members.
- Work with the management of youth and family emergency shelters to provide on-site VBS.
- Cut through the clutter of too many Bibles schools during June by providing a series of mini Bible schools (Backyard Kids Clubs) during fall, winter, or spring breaks.
- Work with property management to conduct VBS at a public housing community.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: How have you taken VBS out of the church building and into the neighborhoods?