The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Share your design ideas and ask church members to make it or bring it. You’d be surprised what church members can make or have stored in their attics.
- Coordinate with other churches to share decorations.
- Borrow decorations from a high school drama department or from a local theater group.
- Repurpose decorations from previous years. A light pole from one year might become a tree the next.
- Purchase end-of-summer or after Christmas clearance items that can be repurposed into VBS decorations.
- Offer to pick up and return larger items.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have concerning VBS decorations?