The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Always order extra – it’s not fun to run out of student books. Unused leftovers can be returned.
- Make sure your teachers know they do not have to use every teaching activity or everything in their leader pack.
- Pre-cut and organize crafts per day. Bag components in individual zip lock bags.
- Enlist a donations chairperson to oversee a system for receiving donations of snacks, craft supplies, and decorations.
- Prepare envelopes labeled “$5 for 2 Field Kits.” “$10 for 4 Field Kits.” “$20 for 8 Field Kits” to encourage church members to sponsor the student resources.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have concerning VBS teaching resources?