The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Get the pastor on board and excited early. Members will follow his lead.
- Create non-teaching jobs to encourage less outgoing members to participate.
- Incorporate VBS songs and Scriptures into the church services early.
- Create a list of “before VBS” and “after VBS” jobs for members who are not available to participate during the VBS week.
- Ask members to sponsor a child by committing to pray for the child and write him or her a note of encouragement. Distribute names the Sunday before VBS.
- Have a surprise guests related to the VBS theme speak at a worship service to encourage involvement.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have concerning involving the entire church during VBS?