The best VBS leaders are learners, and the best learners enjoy sharing with others what they have learned through trial and error. Following are words of advice that have been collected through the years from great leader-learners just like you.
- Restrict cell phone usage during VBS.
- Partner each teen with an adult worker.
- Hold a separate training session for teens on “How to be a Volunteer”.
- Ask teens to sign a contract that clearly states expectations and responsibilities.
- Conduct a half-day “VBS Boot Camp” to teach teens the Scriptures, Bible stories, and music of VBS. Make it fun and high-energy.
- Set the standards high but be sure to lead with grace.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: What advice do you have concerning utilizing teenagers as VBS workers?