Recently I shared six procedures for enlisting workers that were first presented by Carr Suter in 1997. His presentation continued with the following six ideas:
- Stress that everyone can do something in VBS.
- Be alert to non-church members (prospects, parents, visiting family members). Give them non-teaching tasks.
- Ask adult Sunday School teachers to encourage class members to respond and to share names of possible workers.
- If an adult Sunday School teacher serves as a VBS class director, ask them to get workers from his/her own class.
- Ask the youth Sunday School department director to help enlist high school students.
- Ask the college Sunday School department director to enlist college students.
Join the conversation. How do you enlist workers?
Procedures for Worker Enlistment were presented at a VBS training workshop lead by Carr Suter, FBC Garland, Texas, in 1997.
Celebrating 90: LifeWay Christian Resources begin publishing VBS resources in 1925 under the leadership of Dr. Homer Grice.