As LifeWay's VBS team continues celebrating 90 years of VBS heritage we thought you might enjoy these milestone facts.
- The first VBS was called Everyday School and held in New York City in 1898.
- Approximately 80,000 professions of faith are made each year during thee week of VBS.This number does not include the decisions made public in the following days and weeks.
- LifeWay's VBS music from previous years is available on iTunes.
- Average VBS enrollment is 100 including workers.
- Approximately 10 percent of people attending VBS claim to be unchurched.
- LifeWay produces VBS resources for preschoolers and kids in Spanish.
- LifeWay produces VBS resources based on the same Biblical theme and Scripture for every member of the family including kids and adults with special needs.
- In 1992 Southern Baptist churches hit a VBS enrollment record of 3,709,174.
Celebrating 90: LifeWay Christian Resources began publishing VBS resources in 1925 under the leadership of Dr. Homer Grice.