Enlisting congregational support for VBS is a continuous process that must begin early and build momentum. As you continue evaluating VBS 2014 and begin planning for VBS 2015, here are six ways to insure every member of the church is on the team.
1. Enlist a phone team to call every member.
2. Conduct a Pep Rally two or three weeks before VBS to teach the theme song, motto, and Scripture.
3. Sponsor a coloring contest for children to promote VBS. Display the finished artwork throughout the church building.
4. Begin decorating sections of the building several weeks in advance. Add something new each week.
5. Hold a VBS Preview Day several weeks in advance. Display crafts, sample refreshments, demonstrate games, and preview Bible study and music.
6. Ask the Pastor to preach on the importance of using VBS to reach the community with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Check out additional ideas by reading From the Archives: Telling Your Church About VBS Part 1.