VBS 2014 may be behind you, but it’s never too early to begin spreading the word about VBS 2015.
As Lifeway’s VBS team celebrates 90 years of providing trustworthy curriculum and training, I have been searching the archives for wisdom and tips that are as relevant today as when first published. Here are six ways to insure every member of your congregation is aware, energized, and on the team for VBS 2015.
1. Display photos from VBS 2014 to remind everyone of the fun and life-changing impact of VBS.
2. Make bulletin and newsletter announcements exciting and creative. Build expectation!
3. Conduct a Worker Enlistment Sunday complete with banners, displays, buttons, and prizes.
4. Give every volunteer an “I’m On the Team!” button, and ask that it be worn for three or four weeks before VBS.
5. Create eye-catching displays throughout the building.
6. Enlist volunteers to give VBS testimonies in every Sunday School class.
Celebrating 90: Lifeway Christian Resources began publishing VBS resources in 1925 under the leadership of Drs. Marion Frost and Homer Grice.