As many of you are gearing up for VBS 2014, you maybe wondering how you make missions truly relatable to kids. Each year we offer ideas for a missions project in our VBS curriculum, this year we have partnered with the North American Mission Board and their Send North America initiative. While this project may seem a little hard for children to grasp, we believe that churches can help kids become connected and involved in many ways. Here are a few
- Teach kids the gospel. Kids need to understand the urgent need for not only themselves, but others to be truly transformed by God’s love.
- Check out this article from the Hartford CT. Baptist Press to put church planting in a first person perspective.
- Introduce Kids to Missions. Bill Emeott shares three ways to introduce the concept of missions with your kids.
- Use the model Jesus provided to create missions interest with kids.
- Encourage kids to be actively involved. Kids learn more by doing than just seeing or hearing.
Remember kids will be as excited as you are. Isn’t the Great Commission worthy getting excited about?