While we never expect there to be emergencies during VBS, the very definition of emergency is an “unexpected” situation. An important part of VBS training is emergency preparedness that insures every member of the VBS team knows how to respond and who to contact.
Before the first day of VBS make sure every member of your team knows the answers to these six questions:
1. Where is the First Aid Kit and/or nurse located?
2. What do I do in case of a fire, tornado, or other emergency?
3. What is the church’s child and worker protection policy?
4. How am I expected to handle behavioral issues?
5. Who should I notify if a child becomes unaccounted for?
6. What are the proper dismissal procedures and expectations?
Join the conversation. What additional questions should every member of the VBS team be able to answer?
Jerry Wooley, @vbsguy, has served as LifeWay’s VBS Ministry Specialist since 2006.